Friday, February 7, 2020

Sam's Woodstock to Cathy - Woodstock logo

A very good idea from Sam for Cathy. I am tempted to do a search for the story behind the Woodstock logo. It looks like the work of a person whose name is on the the tip of my tongue - Milton Glaser. Whew, I thought of it. If I had not, I would have had to go look for it. This way, I can guess that it was done by Milton and then when February rolls around, and I open the blog in the morning, I can do my surfing. I check it each morning to make sure I have not had a lapse at setting the time and date.

About once every 3 years, I forget to set the time - and I am about due for that lapse.

2 comments:

  1. From Wikipedia

    Arnold Skolnick's 1969 Woodstock poster showed a white dove perched on the neck of an acoustic guitar.

    Woodstock Ventures asked Skolnick to design a music and art fair poster. Skolnick's son Peter remembers watching his father cut the words and bird from paper. He also remembers his father trying different layouts. Skolnick was hired on a Thursday and delivered the poster the following Monday around 11am. Although much money has been made from Skolnick's symbol, he received only one royalty check of about $15. While Skolnick has won many awards and many of his design solutions have become famous, perhaps his 1969 and his 40th anniversary Woodstock posters are his most famous.[2]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick look - there is one listed for $3,000 on Etsy - claiming to be an original.

    ReplyDelete