Friday, December 27, 2019

Janet's Scooby + Chuck's stars

Janet's style of writing would make a perfect example for how you could make something really fun without an exemplar. You could take some random lettering and add big chunky serifs and then outline it. Starting with an uber-bold marker will make it much easier. Now that I am looking at it - she might have started with a chisel point - which is a little trickier. I'll flag this to return and maybe offer a tutorial.

My suggestion for anyone who wants to write like Chuck - get yourself some really fine tipped pens and markers and a ton of patience and lay off the coffee.
 I wonder if he had templates for the stars? I wonder if there is a quick trick for making a star if you only have a circle template?
You only need one angle. Will someone pleeeeease leave an answer in the comment section.

***
Real time P.S.
There have been some nice comments left on the posts. Regular readers probably don't go back to look for comments - so I will let you know that it only takes one comment to give me enough incentive to pursue something I have mentioned. One person liked the idea of being a volunteer to respond to letters from Santa - so I will look into post office policies and report back.


3 comments:

  1. Chuck's envelope is great - these stars are appear so straightforward, yet represent a lot of fine work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a star template you just have to sharpen the points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also meant to write that I love Janet's take on Scooby!

    ReplyDelete