Friday, December 6, 2019

Bonus Post to Exchangers, JeanR and Anthea, et al

OK - bonus makes it sound like a good thing. It's not good news at all. Every year, I clear my calendar and do not take on any projects that will cause holiday stress. I leave my calendar open for the stressed out people who might be calling with a holiday emergency.

This year, instead of spending Xmas in Chicago with the grandkids we are going to be there the week before to celebrate Ben's 4th birthday. This year, as usual, I have had a flurry of last minute jobs - which is fine, because I know to expect them. But this year - with that trip to Chicago - all the rush jobs have to be crammed into the next 7 days.

This is not a complaint about the jobs - it's a blanket apology to all the people who are exchanging. The jobs ate up all my exchanging time.

Before the flurry of last minute jobs came in, I had started making fun envelopes for exchangers -- and then, when the jobs came in, I realized that I would not have time to pay attention to detail. I don't even have time to go to the PO - so, I'll be using frog stamps - and who knows what else. And some of them will be pretty wacko. There is no rhyme or reason to who gets a good one and who gets a wacko one. I just wanted the exchangers to know that your Dec envelope from me might be really lame.

JeanR's is an example of one that I actually like - and I would have done more like that - but I had used up all the frog stamps and only had one lonely red stamp. Anthea's is drab - an example of one that needs something else - but, I don't know if I'll have time to figure out something brilliant....
which is the point of this bonus post -- apologies to those who get blah December envelopes.

Today's regular post is right below.

I'm not crazy about the H. It should have been an actual H
with a chimney top on each vertical stroke.


No comments:

Post a Comment