Sunday, December 22, 2019

Alyce's Adorable Postman

Here is the rest of the story of Hunter going postal illustrated with the most perfect postal card and envelope from Alyce.
I just love it.

Younger son, Hunter, grew up playing hockey with a guy who was *wild and crazy." Long story short, Hunter launched his career in the food world making pizza at the restaurant that the *wild and crazy* guy ended up owning. Over the years, Hunter learned every aspect of the restaurant and was even able to run the restaurant when the *w&c* guy took off on vacations. Hunter had a food truck with another guy and spent one year getting an actual restaurant up and running with him. But, after high school + plus college years working in restaurants and then 10 years after college, learning the ins and outs of running restaurants, Hunter said, "I think I want to work for the Post Office."

Whaaaa?  Where did that come from? Apparently after he graduated from college he mentioned his interest in the PO to his dad and Mr Wilson discouraged him. So, he stuck with the restaurants until he hit a wall.

So, as I write this - it is the first week in October and he is just finishing up his training at the *academy.* He will start on the job training next week. I imagine by the time we are reading this he will be beyond exhausted. They work 7 days a week during the holiday season. I'll add an update. Obviously, I am wildly excited about learning some of the things that go on in the PO inner sanctum. I can tell you which career I would have chosen, postal inspector. Wow. It's like FBI and CIA for envelopes. Right up my alley.

P.S.
That looks like a little girl on Alyce's card -- but my Hunter also looks like a little girl sometimes -- if it is 2 am and you are at a bar with girls who want to make a guy look like a little girl. So, there's my little boy - on the right.



1 comment: