Saturday, October 26, 2019

Yes or no? Sam's quilts

I will be curious if anyone likes these or if anyone is so appalled they actually take time to send me a thumbs down emoji.

Sam sent me two of the Gee's Bend quilt stamps and asked me to make an envelope using them. She probably intended for me to use both on one envelope - which I could have done. But, I was having trouble figuring out what to do.

Then I filled my really wide Copic marker and was having all kinds of fun with it. I liked the top one a lot. But, I wanted to try a version with the name larger.

Now I want to do one more version with two stamps. I did not affix the stamps to the envelopes. If Sam wants an envelope to go through the mail, she may return the stamps to me and I will do the final version. But, it will be along these lines.
If she is disappointed in the style I chose - she should just say so. I realize that this is wacky.

Warning: there will be more. I became fascinated with this method of making names. I can't call it writing. It is definitely a building process.  And -yes- I did leave the H out of Nashua. But, I thought the visual interest created when I layered it into the U was a much needed detail.



1 comment:

  1. upon 2nd glance, i do like the top lettering better than the bottom as its a bit less wonky. however, i do like my 'lope space filled....so if u can use the top style & just make it bigger, even with "regular" address, I'm good.

    ReplyDelete