Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Adam Sandler from Leslie

Back in the day, when my kids were teenager-ish and Adam Sandler was just coming on the scene, quite a few of the other mothers said they could not stand him. I actually liked him a lot. But, I can appreciate that most of what he does is not stuff you want your kids to pick up. My kids assured me that they were not going to pattern themselves after him and for the most part they have not. We still enjoy using some of the lines we remember from his movies.

But, Leslie had no idea what a big Adam Sandler fan I am. So, this envelope warranted an email thank you the minute it arrived.

Side note to people who need to find stuff to listen to to distract themselves from the tedious amount of exercise that they need to do. I listen to audiobooks that I can check out from the library. I'm not a big fan of David Spade, but, because I do not have to buy the books, I can check out ones that I think I will not have any interest in -- and sometimes I am surprised. I'm learning that I frequently enjoy books by performers because there are so many parallels between performing and art-art. I think the word for art-art is applied arts. Does anyone have a better word?

David Spade's story about how long it took him to learn the ropes on SNL as compared to people like Chris Farley and Adam Sandler who had an easier path was very interesting. It points out that different paths can lead people to similar places and you should get comfortable on your own path. Don't be discouraged that someone else is on a path that may seem easier. Down the road - the easier path might have some seriously rough patches.


2 comments: