Saturday, October 5, 2019

Sam Saves the Day - PTEX to Janet

This is the second envelope in the SSD series. The sun inspired some loopy lines and then she filled in with watercolor, I believe.

What's nice to note about this is that you really don't have to be a slave to the stamp. She only took the circle and repeated it. She ignores those wavy lines.

Less is more.

****

We used to have a local calligraphy guild in Des Moines and Ames. It folded up a few years ago. Then one of the founders contacted me and expressed an interest in another group. We discovered a studio space in a centrally located shopping mall and have been meeting there. I started another blog to post images of the fun things that the local group is doing and will probably cross-post here so that you can see more fun stuff done by some of the regular exchangers from this blog as well as other people who are not exchangers.

As with any blog, the current posts are on the top, so it might make more sense to scroll down and start at the bottom. But backwards works for some people. I often read magazines from the back forward. Recently, I learned to listen to audio books by listening to the chapters in reverse order. I always fall asleep - so this way, I hear new stuff, but then when I get to the part I already listened to, I fall asleep even faster. In a strange way -- it is actually fun to hear the outcome of something first and be wondering - "How the heck did that whole thing get started." Eventually you find out. I wonder if anyone else reads books in reverse order. Something to go Google - so that I can avoid that to-do list.

https://artfulllettering.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment