Friday, August 30, 2019

EKelly to Lauren - Aug PTEX

I used up all the rest of the Ellsworth Kelly stamps on the Aug exchange. Even though I loved the stamps - I was really underwhelmed with the ideas that I came up with.

On this one, I pulled out gouache to fill in the loops. It would have been better if the marker was closer in color to the stamp. Going over it a second time makes it rather labored.

It would have been better to sharpen the loops and make the whole name more angular. Maybe.

Once again, if I had a sheet of 20 stamps - all the same - I would probably figure out a good design. Maybe the solution is to never buy stamps where you get 10 or 20 different designs. It would be interesting to research the blog and find out if there was ever a set of 20 different designs where I loved all 20 ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment