Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Two PTEX from J. Gurantz

J has exchanged twice. I'm not sure how they both ended up in the same stack. I tend to do this by month. Some envelopes arrive late.

I ponder changing the deadline to earlier in the month - but there are some regulars who are always sending at the very last minute. And some of those late ones are spectacular. All y'all know that this is a *no stress* exchange - so I'll leave the deadline as is -- and I am 100% sure that nobody cares about any of this.

So why did I waste my time talking about it.

I'll tell you why.

Mr. Wilson said we were going to The Foundry at 3 pm.
It is 4 pm.
I am hungry.
He know what happens when I get hungry.
Does he even remember we were going to The Foundry?
Should I just go eat something else.

Here is the other envelope from J


She had the sweetest little sticker on the back.
Mr. Wilson never tells me that I rock.
Do you think I will be laughing about the whole Foundry incident when I read this in August?
It is June 8.


Oh wait, there's more.
This was the artwork inside the first envelope.
I did not need to fill up all this space with my whining.
Sorry.
I'm too hungry to bother deleting.




4 comments:

  1. So, you must tell us- is the whole Foundry incident funny now..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out fine. I ate something at home. We ran into the owner of The Foundry and got a private tour of the inner sanctum. Mr Wilson enjoyed a beverage. I watched people enjoying beverages. When Mr WIlson said, "Are you hungry?" I said, "Yes, let's order carryout from Heavenly and take it home." Food was fine. After 40 years, I think I know how to balance things.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jean, I was wondering if my 1st envelope evoked a story for you. The figures came to me one day and I saw them fishing out moons in a river but for what purpose? Maybe to heal those in need?
    And the 2nd envelope was a departure from illustrating...it was fun having the text be the central thing on the envelope. Hope you've been fed and you do rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me - the figures are sharing. That thought dovetails with healing those in need. It is a very warm and uplifting image.
      Thanks -- my readers rock, too. I appreciate comments and emails.

      Delete