Friday, April 26, 2019

Eight Orphans - Kraft and Babies

After spending three days on a job using gold Sharpies on shimmer envelopes - also - centering the names and addresses on squares -- I had a raging headache from the fumes as well as the centering.

It was also the point at which the exchange was mentioned on an old calligraphy list -serve and I had several (7?) new people sign up and I thought I should pull out some real nibs and ink. I enclosed a note explaining why it was wonky lettering because some of the traditional scribes really don't like wonky. It was therapeutic to mess around with nibs and ink after all that Sharpie/shimmer stuff.

I threw Miss Cathy in with this group because she frequently sends me *real* calligraphy. Same with GraceE. I guess Suzanne is not a first timer either.


I had not pondered stamps - and it worked out nicely that the babies looked fine on the kraft paper. I played around with different ways of placing the stamps.

I have to mention all the first names in case I ever want to do a search for the envelopes that went to particular people. Pam, Maureen, Cynthia, Irene, Beverly.







No comments:

Post a Comment