Monday, October 1, 2018

October Exchange Sign-up


I did several envelope like this in June. The subject matter of the stamps aren't very complimentary but the colors are OK.  Sign-up for Oct exchange is below.


Shout out to The Finnbadger who gave me the idea of writing the return address on the flap in portrait orientation. This should help the PO machines to know which information is the information that will send the envelope to the correct person. I wonder where The Finnbadger came up with this idea. It's one of those ideas that is so simple - and yet - nothing that I would have come up with.
Today through Oct 4th is the sign up for the October exchange.
Please send your info to jmwilson411 -at- yahoo-dot-com.
Please put info in a stack of name/address/email with no extra line spaces.

Jane Doe (CARDS)
123 Main Street
Ames, Iowa 50312 USA
janedoe@gmail.com

Feel free to add the word (CARDS) after your name if you like to exchange cards as well. It is entirely optional. At least half the participants just exchange empty envelopes.

If you have a birthday in October, let me know and I will note that on the list. Observing birthdays is optional.

Beginners are welcome. While there are quite a few calligraphers, you are welcome to participate if you are a rubber stamper, digital artist, collage-artist, or simply make your own envelopes.

You get a list with 5 people to send to - and you will receive 5 envelopes. All we ask is to mail them by the end of the month. If you are open to being on two lists, let me know - that gives me some extra names so that all the lists come out even.

Any questions - just email me.

Last day to sign up is Thursday, October 4th. I will send out lists on the 5th or 6th.

I will reply to your email that I have received your sign-up. If you do not get a confirmation from me, resend your email - I try to keep an eye on my spam box. Sometimes first timers' emails end up there.

3 comments:

  1. At first I started writing my address without the zip code, as that is what the machines are looking for. Then, of course, some of my mail was being returned as undeliverable, because (mostly non-US) correspondents were not adding the zip code when replying to me.

    So finally I started writing it sideways, including the zip - hopefully the machines don't get too smart! So far, no returns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very logical solution to the problem - it made my day (the day I discovered it on your envelope :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also liked Miss Cathy's round address stamper - I don't think the machines can read on curved lines. Maybe one day I'll get myself one.

    ReplyDelete