Sunday, October 28, 2018

From Ruth to Rainbow

Ruth was taking a watercolor class from Betty Locke

The person teaching the class was Phyllis Macaluso not Betty Locke.

I just had an email from Ruth ---

Ruth used some of her new techniques on this envelope for Rainbow's birthday. I've seen a wedge shaped tool that is sort of rubery and I am wondering if that's what Ruth used. It's so pretty - plus I can tell that she has invested in good watercolors. The better quality paints are usually much more intense. I'm pretty sure you don't get these kinds of colors out of a tin of Crayola watercolors. Ruth will let me know if I am correct on that.

Yes - Ruth was using WN and Daniel Smith watercolors.

Also - I'm 99% sure this is the card from Ruth. They are both at Rainbow's and I don't want to pester her to bring them back. There is no way that two different people would have done those exact Rs and Ps.

On Wednesday, Ruth saw my post about how I was curious to see her beautiful purple flowers done in other colors. She sent a couple images but mentioned that she had other images that she could not locate. Ruth and I are both challenged by technology. She also gave me the name of a person on IG who has those flowers in every color one can imagine. I must admit - it was overwhelming to see all of them at once. I might try my hand at them some day. I know the appeal is the mesmerizing feeling of repetitive strokes.

https://www.instagram.com/fpmmac/


3 comments:

  1. Ruth uses a wedge shaped brush - not the rubber tool I mentioned. THe first part of this post was written way back when the envelope first arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. Just shared on our Guild's Facebook page (Warmland Calligraphers) with a nudge to Betty to teach Artistry of the Edged Brush to our newer members!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry -- I had the wrong name in the post earlier. Betty might be confused about the your request---if it refers to an online class that she is not teaching.

      Delete