Thursday, October 11, 2018

Kraft paper from Chuck and Grace E (Oct 2017 exchange)

From Chuck

From Grace E
Blogger is messing with me.

A real time comment: Here are continued thoughts in real time on bumps in the road. I actually wrote this a while ago. And was surprised to see that it was going to pop up a couple days after I had a big rant. At the beginning of each week, I review things that were written weeks or months ago - and often edit things if I sound too wacky.

*original post*

It shouldn't surprise me (that Blogger is messing with me). Everything is yin-yang if we really pay attention. However, all the fun associated with Halloween is coupled with stuff that nearly makes my head explode. It doesn't even matter what it is. Partly it is the season of death and decay. Since I had my knee issues and have actually learned how to go out and walk every single day - I have noticed that fall is so pretty, but also depressing. And don't get me started on the oak trees. First they drop acorns which are like those hideous slapstick movies where someone spills marbles and somebody else falls down. Then, when they have you all paranoid about falling down, they start dropping them on your head just to let you know that you don't have a chance. Next time, it could be a branch. And I am not overstating. That literally happened to a woman here in Des Moines. It was a few years ago - but it really did happen.

So, I love kraft paper and I am really sad that I did not stock up on the pumpkin stamps. I might treat myself to a trip to the vintage stamp store and see if he has any. Me going to that store is like a n alcoholic taking a tour of the brewery....


3 comments:

  1. Yesterday I remember a 100% fun story that I have been meaning to share with you. So within the next few days - something light hearted and fun will pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin stamps are back this year! i was able to pick more up this last weekend in NJ.
    P.S. the person who created these jack-o-lantern stamps lives right here in Ridgefield, CT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH WOW ----thanks for letting us know. Made my day!!!

      Delete