Tuesday, October 16, 2018

BONUS POST - RachelD's showed up - for Rainbow

Last week there was a post about the envelopes that were sent from Texas and not arriving. I am happy to report that Rachel's did show up.

Note the rubber stamp - indicating that the envelope was unsealed. Wow. I have never seen that before. Also - I am not posting it, but Rachel did have her return name and address -fairly large and centered on teh back. It looked a lot like what the front of a standard envelope might look like. So it would have been a candidate for being sent right back to her.

Then there is the re-writing of the zip code. I guess I would recommend a minimum of flourishing on numbers. Or maybe none.
Note to self - make the addresses clear.

Somewhere in the archive is an envelope where all the artwork is on one side (the front) and then a very standard name, address, stamp is on the back of the envelope - written right across the seams. I suppose this would be a way to go. For me - the downside is that the stamp is an important part of the design. However, I whinge up one side and down the other about using up my vintage stamps. So maybe that is the solution to the problems.

Now, if only I would go back and read my tips before I launched into another set of envelopes.

Today's regular post is right below.

No comments:

Post a Comment