Saturday, October 20, 2018

Bonus Post - Wedding Sign Stories

You might recall my post about the *bad* wedding sign that I posted a few weeks ago. I actually took that sign down because I was walking past it. It's a long story...which I will leave out.

For a couple weeks, I saw no signs. Then two weeks ago there was a sign. Nobody took it down. Then as I approached the corner this week, I saw that there was a new sign. Really generic. And then I noticed those people had simply taken out the previous sign and tossed it aside.

See Photo 2
and Photo 3 for the close up.

Photo 2
























Photo 3






Photo 4















Right across the driveway from the wedding signs is the stop sign that has been knocked over for a few weeks.

And where does Jean's mind go?
Sadly - I want to start collecting signs and then every time someone puts up a new sign, I want to repost all the previous signs so that people freak out when they think there are 5 or 6 weddings all going on at the same time. OK, it was a fleeting thought. I'm not as mean as my brain is.

How about this --- when I see a really cheezy sign, I redo it - beautifully -  and put it in place of the cheezy sign - and then the people can be pleasantly surprised as well as weirded out.


Here is another fun idea if you are into signs. Someone I know did this - but her IG account is private - so I went to the website and found an example. Her photo was way better - but you get the idea.

http://www.kreativeannouncement.com/

1 comment:

  1. IT is Saturday morning - and late, yesterday, I went out for my walk - and the generic sign was gone, but someone had returned the Bowling/Headly sign to an upright position. Tomorrow there is the big yearly Des Moines Marathon - running right past the signs. So there are a ton of Marathon signs along the way warning us that our streets will be blocked off for most of Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete