Sunday, June 17, 2018

MarPTEX - from Jessica and Tina

These two are cute together. The fox is from Jessica and the puppy is from Tina.

What about The Limner?

Regular readers will probably remember that I have exchanged quite a bit of mail with The Limner. She participated in a couple exchanges. I also exchanged some actual letters with her. She had a couple fantastic blogs. And then one day >poof< they were gone. I had a postcard from her in December. I sent her a letter in January, asking if she was OK and it just came back as undeliverable. I remember a ways back she had pondered shutting down her blogs and closing out her Post Office Box.

If you put [Limner] into the search box under my [About me] section, you can see at least 20 examples of her work.

I know Limner's daughter's name and it was super easy to find her on FaceBook and Google. Now I am wondering if it would be OK to contact The Limner's daughter and ask how The Limner is doing. (I have checked the obituaries and there does not seem to be one.) It's hard to know if it is OK to just randomly contact someone. Part of me is fine with it since The Limner is definitely one of the *many* people who ran across my blog and contacted me.

I put many in asterisks because to me it seems like I have many wonderful contacts through the blog. I can't really say how many - but more than 3 is -to me- *many.*

So, I am asking my readers to either post a comment or send an email directly to me (at that email that is listed in the *About me* section.) Please give me your opinions on whether or not it would be OK to contact The Limner's daughter. Or should I just let this go. I will also mention that a couple readers have asked me if I know what has happened to The Limner. So, I am not the only person who feels like she is a friend who has disappeared.

And....I want all y'all to know that I will never just disappear on you. I plan to leave someone in charge of the blog who can answer questions or at the very least, leave a final note.

And.....this piece of writing by The Limner appeared in a Google search. It is a good example of her writing. She is a very talented artist as well as talented writer. I think she is a good cook, too.

https://www.amazon.com/review/R786K7W6732YO

This book review by The Limner makes me want to learn how to be a better writer. I shall put it on my list of things to do as soon as I complete the Swedish death cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. Contact the daughter. Tell her about the letter from Jan. and ask if her mom is ok.

    ReplyDelete