Saturday, September 23, 2017

Off Topic - Bullseye Dessert (Zebra Cake)

We hardly ever talk about food on the blog, but this dessert caught my eye. You can click on the link and see how it is made - which is pretty much how you would guess, you just keep pouring - alternating batters - in the middle of the previous pour.

Bulls-Eye Dessert

I guess I like how it represents the rings of a tree. You could make a cake with the number of years of the birthday.

After I typed Bulls-eye cake, I clicked Google translate and see that they call it zebra cake. I'm amazed that this craze has not swept our nation...yet. Sadly, the black is licorice - I was hoping it was chocolate.

To tie this to the blog - I will admire the quirky lettering. You do not need an exemplar. You just write tall and skinny and put extra space between the letters....


1 comment:

  1. Definitely see it like tree rings..the chocolate could work for that!😊

    ReplyDelete