Friday, September 15, 2017

Confusion and mini-rant (Bonus post)

I read my own blog and I noticed that on Wed, I said I would post the rest of the wacky envelopes on Thursday and then on Friday I would re-post them showing them finished. If I have a picture of them finished, I have no idea where it is. Here is a link to Nanski's after it arrived at her house.

Nanski's blog


 Then...yesterday... Nanski left a comment suggesting that the celebrate stamp would be good for the wacky envelopes and I left a comment saying that the forever celebrate stamp would have been nice -color-wise-  but I get queasy looking at that stamp because it looks like 5 yellow worms. Plus....the 42-cent celebrate stamp was one of my all-time favorites and I get sad every time I am reminded that there is a better design that isn't being used. It's really nice to have these kinds of emotional issues to focus on. It puts the rest of the world in perspective. That was a joke - in case anyone is reading my blog for the first time and has not learned that my morning coffee is usually too strong.

Anyhow, I will let all y'all weigh in.
Is there anyone who thinks that the neon celebrate is better than the patchwork celebrate?



I love the lettering and the spirals and the sparkles. It's just the worms that make no sense and offend my eyes.


3 comments:

  1. Yes, the worms are nonsensical: even if there is(are) a twirly thing(s) ejected from a fireworks shell, the path they leave will be straight -- physics 101.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scientific validation. It does not get any better than that. Thank you, oh wise and knowledgeable big helpful brother. KNBHB.

      Delete
  2. I had never thought about the squiggles...will now look at the stamp in a whole new light. I do like the various font/type styles on the 2007 version.

    ReplyDelete