Friday, May 6, 2011

ellen's mommy

kathy, i need a triptych. go find those stamps that show mommies sitting around watching their boys play sports. i'm sure they've commemorated that activity. or maybe the one where the mommy is looking at the flood in the bottom of the fridge where something has been shoved in the back, tipped over and has filled up that space at the bottom and also dripped into the freezer. yeah, that's one of my favortie stamps. or how about that one with the mommy....ok...i'll stop.

if you've not heard of a triptych before, here's the wiki definition. there will be quiz next tuesday.
A triptych (pronounced /ˈtrɪptɪk/ TRIP-tik, from the Greek τρίπτυχο, from tri- "three" + ptychē "fold") is a work of art (usually a panel painting) which is divided into three sections, or three carved panels which are hinged together and folded. It is therefore a type of polyptych, the term for all multi-panel works. The middle panel is typically the largest and it is flanked by two smaller related works, although there are triptychs of equal-sized panels.

anyone wishing to earn their degree from the university of the absurd, submit your application to enroll in this institution of higher education by sending a SASE to me at the address that is plastered all over the blog. majors include, P.O.ology and Caffinology. pHds in penmanship for those who already have their undergraduate work completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment