Wednesday, October 2, 2024

June to Patty and Luna - day lilies


I've forgotten what I used on these. It must have been the bullet tip Sharpie markers. I'm pretty happy with the colors - and how they go with the stamps. But - there's nothing about them that makes me want to do more. Thank you, again, to Patty for providing her maiden name. This might be the last time we see Dornacker on the blog. I just did a quick search of *Patty* on the blog and it is obvious that the solution to her name was to always do a very oversized Patty and then use a different marker or pen and do a very small last name in a line that related nicely to the first name. 

Because I needed three stamps - the short last name worked nicely on Luna's. 



***
I just read this in an article - and it a perspective that's popular. 

Studies show that gardening comes with a slew of mental and physical health benefits, including reduced risk of dementia. Plus, growing produce gets us more invested in one of the key tenets of healthy living — what we eat.

I want to do my own study to see how many people are tormented by weeds and just get riled up by gardening. I am in a battle with ditch lilies that is not going well. Ditch lilies are those day lilies from the 1900s that were so popular and they spread - and are as invasive as weeds - and it's nearly impossible to get rid of them. This is just whining - so, I apologize. But the battle is seriously eating into the time I need to post my blog blurbs.

Maybe things that make my blood boil also reduce the risk of dementia. How's that for a silver lining.
Grrrrrr
 

No comments:

Post a Comment