Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Oct to Alex and Ben (orange)


 Something I sent to my grandkids that was a lot like all the others I did on orange vellum.


***
I'm going to save you from clicking on things and not tell you where this came from. To find out who said it, I would have clicked on something and I am taking a break from clicking. I'm still doing my daily jabber - and it's a perpetual stream of random stuff - and I often question if it has any value. 

I do enjoy the random topics that show up in my daily emails -- I don't know where this came from - feel free to Google if you are curious. I'm just posting it because it's comforting to have my circle of friends  who like mail art.

No one grows up saying I want to do the same thing everyone else is doing. And yet there is a comfort to surrounding yourself with people who agree with you, or who are doing the same thing you’re doing.

***
I wrote about Jean's granddaughter's artwork yesterday (and tomorrow I will update on how she made that piece). Today I will post a photo of me looking at a piece of art at the Des Moines museum.

That's *yours truly* on the floor looking like I might crawl in. I only took this to send to my grandkids - but, what the heck - I might as well share it with my pen pals.

Below - you can see the scale of the piece as well as the hands on the floor that invite you to peek inside. They provided flashlights so you could peek in through the *roof* at the far end and see that there was some zany *home decor* on the inside. If I were the artist - I would have built it to withstand the public crawling inside. The whole exhibit was based on artwork made with household objects. 







1 comment: