Saturday, November 25, 2023

From Janet in Oct - Writing systems.

 


This is Janet's October envelope - a lovely stamp - and so much white space. I need to pester the other people on her list and get images of her other October envelopes. I approve of the USPS friendly address.

Here is another one from Janet that went to Chuck - 



***

Here is a deep dive into other forms of writing. It was surprising to learn how many different systems there are. From time to time, I have pondered how to invent my own *letter* to add to the Latin alphabet - and I never come up with anything that pleases my eye. I'm not sure I am going to go through the entire list - one by one - to find characters/letters that please my eye -- but I'll be bookmarking this in my folder of *worthwhile* surfing.

You may click on each system to see all of the glyphs. I should have used the word glyph instead of letter or character - but I have no idea if glyph is a word that we all use.

https://www.worldswritingsystems.org/index.html

This four colour silkscreen poster presents one typographic reference glyph for all 293 known writing systems in the world, living or historical.




No comments:

Post a Comment