Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Sept from Christy


 This is a nice set of three images. Playing with scale is one of my favorite ways to come up with designs. The idea to add a tree works very nicely. Cover up the apple - and the stamp and the tree together are fine - but the big apple adds so much. and then cover up the tree and picture just the stamp and the big apple. That would have been fine - but the tree adds a lot. And then take the stamp away - and have a tree and a big apple - and that doesn't make much sense. I guess you could put the apple in the foreground and slide the tree behind it - to have them relate -- but - IMHO - the three together are better than any combination of just two.

***
Where are we on our 10 day rant? Seems like yesterday we got into the whole thing about how some people like consistency and others like variety - and that certainly brings us back to the challenges of family members trying to grow up in peace and harmony. Of all the things I had to wrap my head around when the stork started dropping babies down my chimney - is that storks have no idea what they are doing. 

Those babies are so random. And I've observed families where everyone appears to be on the same wavelength - but, IMHO, it does not happen all that often. I think I forgot to answer the question - which is harder - children or adult children? Answer coming up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment