Sunday, November 26, 2023

From JeanR in Oct - *Old* Italic


JeanR had a lot of patience to adapt the image on the stamp to the name. Very pretty - and Jean does quite a few cards. I know she has told me how many she does each month - seems like it is more than 30 - maybe more than 40? It's a lot. And I think she does a lot with gel plates - which might be a good way to get an assembly line going.


I need to steal the greeting on the inside of the card.




 ***

Did anyone look at any of the writing systems at the link I posted yesterday? In case it did not look like an interesting link, I am going to post an example of what you might find if you decide to do some surfing.

I looked at the chronological listing - and chose *old italic* to see how it compared to what seems like *italic* to me.


There are so many additional glyphs - and why are so many of them mirror images? Imagine the people who have devoted their lives to deciphering and understanding things like this. Don't worry. This is as far as I am going to go -- down this particular rabbit hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment