Monday, December 5, 2022

Dec 2020 from Smash + Peanuts


There are a couple more Dec 2020 envelopes. Once again Sue has a lovely arrangement of vintage stamps -- and look what else she sent -- a peek at her November envelopes. I'm wildly excited about them. I bought a sheet of the Peanuts stamps and had been pondering how I would use them. Susan's idea is so perfect - I don't think there is any way I can come up with anything better - so I might have to appropriate her design. I hope Patty shares all the mail she gets with Peppermint Patty. 

I LOVE that I got Pig Pen. Have I written that he was my favorite? Or did Sue just intuit that? Either way -- I'm very happy -- and appreciative of people sending me images of their exchange envelopes. Thanks so much, Susan. Be sure to let me know if you have a preference - Sue/Susan/Smash. 

I'm in awe of how well she redrew the characters. I can never make reasonably close versions of cartoons. There are always subtle differences that just don't look right. Hers look perfect.


I think the reason Pig Pen was my favorite - was that from an early age - I had a bit of the messy-artist emerging - and my parents and brother were blessed with a few extra organizational/tidy genes. I think there was some gentle nudging at me. I do recall liking the lines and dots that surrounded Pig Pen. To me, they were so expressive. He seemed very secure with himself. Now I am tempted to write an essay on *Whatever happened to Pig Pen?* 

Seriously -- I love the idea of sequels to the Peanuts and you read about the idea here first - I LOVE this idea -- writing books that tell what happened to all the Peanuts when they grew up. I hesitate to even post this, lest someone steal the idea. But, it's probably just as well if someone does. It's not like I have the skills to actually accomplish the task. 

I have, however, posted it here - and it will be documented that this idea burst forth on Dec 5, 2022 at 1 am CST. Now I will mosey over to Google and see if these books have already been written.


2 comments:

  1. I have those wonderful stamps too....they are delightful!! Wondering about the clever sequel idea and how it would play with the Charles Schulz foundation? Seems to me I read about his "kids" and the fact that they would never grow up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those envelopes! Fun! The top one appeals to me because the color of the envelope is so rich. It really makes the stamps pop. Smash is cool!

    ReplyDelete