Friday, August 21, 2020

Sam's mail from France



So --- I have this random envelope that Sam sent a long time ago. It was a favorite of hers. I put it in a folder of mail that is going to appear on the blog.
I like the gradation in the color on that row of stamps.
I wonder why the H is different. It's a nice touch.

As I mention from time to time, my filing system is abysmal.
So, I am going to go through the folder of mail that is mostly by Sam and Leslie and we shall see how far it takes us.

As mentioned, I am trying to fill the whole year - just to tidy up my desk. While this blog started as a place for my mail art -- it has morphed into a blog with mail art by other people and so far -- not a single complaint. So, here we go.

***
Aug 19 - P.S.
The bubonic plague is back in the news.
You've probably been happy that I did not stay on that binge for very long.
Of course this one is pretty close to where my son lives - South Lake Tahoe is 30 miles from where he lives. I've been there. It's gorgeous. Currently, they are experiencing smoke from the forest fires.
What next?


I do not recall if I mentioned what the clever people of Milan did do *contain* the plague. If they discovered that someone in a household had the plague, they boarded up the house - vigorously - so that the people could not escape and just let all of them die. I think it was Milan. It's been quite a while since I watched that series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment