Monday, August 31, 2020

From Chuck to Shannon



This one looks really nice with all the hangy-down parts and no ascenders. 
It gives a nice overall shape to the name. 

*****

The short blurb above was written a while back.
It takes a lot of patience to outline in a second color and keep it even.

Shout out to everyone who is stressed, weary, worried, weathering storms/sickness/etc.

I do not have any suggestions for how to cope -- I'm just shouting out.
I like that expression - shout out.
It wasn't around when I was a kid and I have no idea where it came from.

Obviously we have Google.
One moment please.
*
This is what I found - just the first hit -- I don't have time to do further research.

The origin is not the 1993 2Pac song. Rather the phrase was popularized after the 1991 release of the single “Born and Raised in Compton” by DJ Quik. At the end of the song, Quik says “and right about now, I'd like to send a shout out to my boy Teddy Bear . . .” and then mentions a bunch of others.

So, maybe that's the true origin.

As, I said, I do not have any suggestions for how to cope. We're not all in the exact same boat - but I think we're in the same flotilla. I always liked that word flotilla. It reminds me of flotsam.

Last update from Chuck: still no cable or internet.
Dang.

1 comment:

  1. The idea of being in the same flotilla made me smile tonight. Thanks for brightening the world, Jean.

    ReplyDelete