Wednesday, September 5, 2018

May PTEX from Kathy and Anthea (watercolors)

Watercolors from Kathy and Anthea.

Snarl-face at the PO worker who made the ugly black mark on Kathy's. There is no cancel on Anthea's.

Kathy noted on the back that she was not happy with her Neuland lettering on my name. It looks like she was doing the entire thing with an outline - and I gotta say - trying to draw the outline of a letter without writing anything first is really hard. Really.

Anthea's envelope is collaged - nice grouping of stamps. Somehow, I am never really happy with my stamp groupings - and always impressed when I see a nice grouping. I think mine don't work out because I hesitate to put way too much postage on the envelope. I keep looking at the pennies piling up. She put 79-cents on this one -  She only needed the kiwi -or- the butterfly - but she used both - which is much prettier.

Jeri is the queen of finding the exact amount of postage - and having it be a gorgeous color combination as well. I'm thinking she might put her stamps together - and then comes up with the colors for paper and ink....I need to interrogate her.

If you do a search for -Jeri- in the search feature - you will see all of the mail that has gone back and forth between us and you will see several very pretty combinations of stamps. I guess you can search any name - and see my exchange by name..... 

2 comments:

  1. I did a search for my name and had a wonderful time looking at the from and to envelopes of the past five years. Hip, hip, hooray for Jean Wilson and envelope art!
    Can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought to search Miss Cathy - When I did Cathy O'Rear, I didn't get that many.

      Delete