Friday, September 14, 2018

Fancy Blue Initial to Smash - Security Envelope to Carroll

The envelope to Susan might have been on the blog a while back because it spent a long time in a stack of half finished envelopes. I could never find a stamp that looked nice with it. This intaglio is probably the best we can hope for. It would have been lovely if it had been square.

I'll add one more envelope today in case this is a repeat. Carroll's is on a security envelope that I turned inside out. It looked better in person. These two were done in July when I tried to get all the exchange envelopes done on the same day that the people signed up so I was working fast and furiously.  Sometimes fast and furious results in fun stuff. Other times not so much. But - by the same token - working slow and steady is still only a 50-50 shot at doing something wonderful. So - it's best to not fret over how much time you have. Too little time, just crank 'em out. Lots of spare time - take it easy.

Keep in mind - I am only dishing this advice with respect to making envelopes or art. If you are a brain surgeon or an Uber driver or even the person cooking my dinner at my favorite restaurant...if you are on the job, you should avoid the extremes of rushed and lackadaisical.

Wow - I don't think I've ever seen that word in print. I did not know it had a k. I had to let the computer fix it for me. Maybe the computer is messing with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment