Saturday, November 4, 2017

Bonus Post - Film: The Master Calligrapher

Below is today's regular post. It's an odd one. It seems like a good day to toss in a bonus post which is a film that you might enjoy.

It's a true story (1 hour and 37 minutes) about a calligrapher. Not a lot of action, but an interesting guy. He loved teaching which is probably why the film appealed to me so much. The *action* sequences are when he gets frustrated and crumples up his paper. I guess when the Japanese invade - there is some drama. And I love the part where the authorities (Communists) put paper barricades across his books because they are no longer acceptable. It would be interesting to know if he truly left them that way until 1976 - living in one room with all his books behind flimsy paper strips. I don't want to spoil the film for anyone. I'll be curious to know if anyone watches it and enjoys it as much as I did. Or after 5 minutes - if you think it is way too boring - that's fine. I'd be a little concerned about anyone who had my quirky taste in films - except for you-know-who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUOj9RkUo3k

If you are just curious about his life - here is the Wiki article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qigong_(artist)





1 comment:

  1. I like true stories... next time my daughter spends the night with her friend and I have the tv to myself I'll try to watch it.

    ReplyDelete