Friday, November 17, 2017

Akim-esque from Rachael - Blue+Lace to Rachael

Rachel sent this in July. She mentioned that she was inspired by the Akim sample that she had seen on the blog and said that this was a pretty loose interpretation.

The whole point of Akim is to be very loose - and actually, Rachael's version is more traditional in the width and spacing of each stroke - which is fine. It is a really cool variation and it is always very exciting for me when someone spins an idea off something they saw on the blog. I'm not sure I have ever seen Akim done with a pointed nib - so right there - I'm seeing something that I am just itching to try.

Very cool. Thanks. This will pop up again in December.
Here is one that Rachael received from me. I had been playing around with my new bottle of McCaffrey's ink and did the lettering. Then the envelope sat in a stack of *how-to-finish?* I resorted to parting with some stamps that are hard to part with.


No comments:

Post a Comment