Sunday, April 23, 2017

Wrought iron variation - to Cher, Cheryl & Lynne

In the middle of doing the Feb exchange envelopes, I was finishing up the project of pinning the 3,000 envelopes on boards. This was one of the styles I ran across that I had forgotten about. Nobody seemed to like it when I was doing it before so I hope I don't get too hooked on it.

I like the double tulips stamps on the top one where they are not side by side - on Cher's - better than the way they are below - on Cheryl's. I just didn't think of doing it that way soon enough.

I spelled Lynne's last name wrong, but just corrected it with an arrow.

NOTE to anyone who is interested in my secret for folding those little books that I mentioned in the Friday post. I put a description of the process in the comment section.  I should probably go back to the link and click around on directions to see if there are any videos - but - I have a terrifying number of deadlines hanging over my head. So terrifying, I managed to get all my blog posts scheduled through July...






6 comments:

  1. I liked the wrought iron letters a lot - my first foray into decorative letters. I lime this variation, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reminding me - i remember the envelope - a paper source bag - and i was really impressed with your lettering. maybe this time around it will appeal to some other people :-)

      Delete
  2. Jean, I just discovered your blog through Pinterest...love your envelopes and those you are sharing here!! Good thing I didn't discover you at the beginning of April 'cause I'm already over-committed and I'd have wanted to join the swap! so...maybe in May? You can visit my blogs at https://artbeneaththecottonwoods.blogspot.com and also at
    https://cottonwoodcounterfeitjournal.blogspot.com to see the kind of drawing and lettering I do. Hopefully I will be able to check back to inquire about a swap coming up! Love the amazing variety of layouts, lettering and images on your envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne: I'm happy you found the blog. Sign up for exchanges start on the 1st day of each month. Sign up lasts for 4 days. Lists come out a day or two later. Then you have the rest of the month to do 5 envelope. I will be visiting your blogs later today after I meet a couple deadlines.

      Delete
  3. Jean, I actually liked this style very much! I should have told you that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know. I only need one or two fans of any particular style to nudge me into doing more of it.

      Delete