Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Scientists/Artists

A while back I posted a quote that I had seen at this website. I'm not sure how I ended up at the site as it doesn't have much lettering or mail. However, I enjoyed reading about the artist. She talks about the connection between art and everything else.

I have had several discussions with some of my artists friends who are primarily scientists. They tend to  brush off the idea that they are *real* artists because they were a scientist -first. I always try to convince them that science and art are intertwined. Technically art is intertwined with just about everything. It's a catchall term that tends to be stuck in the world of pretty-yet-un-necessary-stuff. I disagree. I think art/creativity/inspiration are all things that are essentials and at the very core of our beings. And my big-helpful-brother agreed with me that there is a lot of *art* in science. And he's much better educated than I am.

So if you are drawn to making stuff, but you are sure you are not artistic - don't worry about it. It's not the content, it's the process. People are drawn to expressing themselves. If you are drawn to paper - go for it.

Here is what Joan Game had to say - along the same lines:
http://hanamele.com/about-2


No comments:

Post a Comment