Sunday, June 7, 2020

Flourished dress - The Mail-themed Film


It is not surprising that this would catch the eye of a calligrapher. 
Especially one who has veered off into sewing.
Below is a link to the image on Pinterest and you can scroll down and see all kinds of other examples that are very similar. No, I will not be doing anything like this. 

I am writing on April 16th. Maybe I will add an envelope.

****
Now it is May 25 - and I found a reason to add an envelope.
Back in 2016, there was a call for mail to be used as props in a mail-themed film. There was also an option to donate to the project and you would get a DVD of the film. It takes forever to make films and I had given up ever getting my DVD - and then - voila - it arrived in the mail. It was pretty exciting. Although, the video I really want to watch is the video of the evening when they opened all of the mail. It is supposed to be on the website, but I can't find it. If anyone else can find it, let me know.

Here is the link to the original post:


I think I sent more than one envelope.
I also sent a postcard that was postmarked from Antarctica as the director of the film was hoping to get mail from all 7 continents.

****

Thanks to Clover -- who sent a link to a short video about the opening of the envelopes


1 comment:

  1. How exciting that your DVD arrived - mine must still be on its way.

    ReplyDelete