Monday, June 15, 2020

Chuck's flowers on kraft paper


Another pretty design from Chuck. That's one of the best stamps for kraft paper envelopes. We are not thrilled with the way the PO sent it through the machines. But, we're all struggling a little so we'll have to let it go.

I wish I had a video of my son doing a scene from life at the post office where he plays the role of himself and also the role of a lady who has been waiting for a book. He delivers in the suburbs where people either have a mailbox at the end of their driveway or cluster boxes. I think he was at a cluster box when a lady approached him, i.r.a.t.e. and ready to vent all her frustrations. He patiently listened to her and tried to respond appropriately. They actually have training where they give postal workers sentences to use. He tried one where he said something like, "I understand how you feel."

Oh,oh.

That was gasoline on the fire. Clearly a person who is out of the house, leading his normal life, does NOT understand how it feels.
"NO, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS."

He spent a good 10 minutes, maintaining composure and assured her he would look into the matter as long as she could come up with the tracking number.

By the end, she had calmed down enough to say that if she ever did get a chance to talk to someone she would recommend that he get a gold star.

Whew.

This is April 15 as I write - just for my own frame of reference when this pops up.

2 comments:

  1. i feel like i already told this story -- sorry if it is a repeat. jumping around as i fill the posts has me more confused than usual...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last two posts make me want to order some kraft envelopes.

    ReplyDelete