Sunday, June 21, 2020

Feb exchange from Chuck


Another favorite from Chuck. 
We are both very fond of arts and crafts era design.
Frank Lloyd Wright-esque.

I've done about 20 posts in a row today.
Can you tell that I get less chatty as I go along?
Unless I think of a good story.

It's mid-April as I write this.
No good stories.
Just gloom and doom and anxiety.

OK, here is a story.
I thought, maybe there are some good eyerolls on the internet.
Yes. Here is a whole page of them.
Hold your mouse over any of them to see the eyes roll.


I noticed a clip from Bad Grandpa. One of my daughter's friends from high school worked on that movie and the movie needed a scene where the bad grandpa fell into the cake at a wedding reception. My daughter's friend and his fiance agreed to participate in the filming of the scene at their own wedding. The studio paid for them to set up a reception and have the character fall into the cake - with NONE of the guests being warned that it was going to happen. After the grandpa fell into the cake, it was explained to the guests that they had just been extras in a film and they all moved to another room for the real reception. I think the couple might have warned their parents about what would be happening - which was a good idea. It would have been a nasty prank to pull on a mother of a bride.


3 comments:

  1. Love this! I love it when one takes an element like that and makes it geometric/ graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. The curve on the stem supporting the leaf is a brilliant touch.

    This design also makes me think of Charles Rennie Mackintosh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the way that curve is echoed in the wavy cancel stripes is cool.

      Delete