Monday, July 30, 2018

From Molly - again

Another envelope from Molly. Today (writing this on May 9) I have had an epiphany about the attempt to bring order to the blog. I'll be keeping it simple (simpler). Envelopes will say either TO or FROM - when doesn't matter. We're livin' in the moment.

Comments will be about what I like. On the back, Molly says she was inspired by ledger art. You may Google it to learn more. I am very drawn to it and had the pleasure of seeing a bunch when a student brought some in for show and tell. I do not think he had any idea how valuable it is. I saw some on Antiques Roadshow and it is highly sought after, as they say.

In a few weeks I will be on a research trip to the Newberry Library. I believe I will be able to view some there. And here is the flip side of Molly's envelope.

I love the inspiration as well as the colors, designs, stamp choice...and pretty penmanship. Although I had no idea what Traditional Miami Ribbon work means? Thank you Google.

Thank you Molly for the art education. Muchly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment