Saturday, May 7, 2022

Springy theme from Kathleen - Bittersweet & Quiet


This is fun - nice arrangement - just the right amount of space. I love that bird. Even the unusual cancel is nice. The ground under the bird fits with the bar code. And the fun border around the stamp. Adorable. If I actually do that thing I keep thinking of doing where I let each in-coming envelope inspire the next out-going envelope I do - I can't wait to appropriate this one. 

*** 

 I can't remember if I mentioned reading the book Quiet by Susan Cain. It appealed to me because it is about the up-side to being introverted. I might insert some rants about the trials and tribulations of being an introvert. Ranting about my scrambled memory is tempting - but, I'll resist it for now.

In addition to not remembering if I mentioned Quiet, I can't remember if I mentioned Bittersweet, Susan Cain's most recent book. I highly recommend you do searches for other reviews by other people rather than go on my recommendation. Bittersweet is about taking the difficulties in life and using them as a springboard towards something less difficult.

It seems like there is an endless supply of books with suggestions on coping. One would think that at some point a person finds *one thing* that works. Maybe people do. Or maybe we keep learning the same thing over and over - but there are slight variations.

Maybe I am babbling. Tomorrow I am going to share my fool proof list for feeling better.

2 comments:

  1. 1) This env. -- SO Adorbs!!! I think if I got it in the mail, i'd be smiling all day! How cute.

    2) Quiet is one of my "favorite" books, as it is VERY insightful. Everyone should read it (or rather, a lot of it should be taught in schools). As an extrovert, this helped me see others differently and understand people better (esp. my own introverted son). I could go on and on about it, but love that you posted. I actually own Quiet, and plan to read Bittersweet. (I just hope it doesn't take me as long to read -- that's why I ended up buying Quiet!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with both comments. Adorbs and good book.

      Delete