Monday, February 8, 2021

Memory Lane (the Cameo birthday video)

 Here it is - Dec 18 - and I am clearing out my inbox. I enjoy fun photos from exchangers.

Like this photo from CathyO, AKA MissCathy - because she lives in Mississippi. The photo is from upstate New York. 




This envelope by Patty was inspired by one that I sent to her. I like the serifs that she added to the name.

****

I almost forgot to put in a link to the Cameo video that I ordered for Mr Wilson for his birthday.

Somehow, I discovered that Jim Turner was offering Cameo videos. It is nearly impossible to come up with a creative gift for Mr Wilson - so a birthday video seemed like a good idea. I was pretty sure he would not even know about Cameo videos. And I was right. After he watched it - he was amazed to see how many well-known people were offering them. 

Jim is from Des Moines and MrWilson knew Jim's parents. Jim had gone to the U of Iowa and was in a comedy troupe that we saw a couple times in the 70s. Jim moved to California and his character, Randee of the Redwoods was on MTV for a while. I asked Jim to do the video as Randee. Jim was also on the HBO series Arli$$ a while back. I gave Jim a few details to work with: Mr Wilson's inability to keep his blueberries off the floor. Mr Wilson knocking icicles off the eaves and getting hit in the face and Mr Wilson falling down.

So - here is the video:

And Mr Wilson fell down twice - on Saturday. 
Grrrrrr

He does have boots with ice gripper studs on the bottom - so I can only imagine how many times he would have fallen without them. And then there is the guy we've hired to plow the driveway and shovel the walks. It's not like we have no choice - we could let that guy do it.

Sadly, I am an enabler - as I tend to be the first one out the door to enjoy just a bit of sweeping or shoveling. The snow is so pretty and the fresh air feels so good.

I video taped him opening his birthday mail from the exchange.
It's not too bad. I did not conceal my orneriness.
I'll try to get it uploaded soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment