Monday, February 15, 2021

Belated Valentines (PTEX exchanger?/egg card/Stam)

This exchange envelope arrived with no return address. Can you guess how long I have been studying the details? I like the thin lines running through the broad strokes. They are glitter gel pens. This is a really nice hybrid of Neuland and DuBosch Jubilee. I really like the restraint and contrast shown with the curls. 

But who sent it? There were 3 new people in the February exchange - two were in Indiana. So, with the Suburban IL cancel, I am guessing it is from one of them.


How do you like my new easel for shooting the envelopes? There seems to be no limit to how lazy I can get. Perhaps I can come up with a more neutral background.

It is 6:30 on Valentine's Day -- and I just noticed my card for MrWilson is here on the desk. It is an old one that I found whilst sifting through the hoard that I had completely forgotten about.



It is the size of an actual egg. I'm thinking of making a book of all my favorite greeting cards and just setting it out, open to the appropriate page on the appropriate days. Hopefully, I can corner him today and make a second video of him opening the cards from exchangers that arrived after his birthday. 


On Friday, a friend of mine called to ask me if he could drop off a box of Stam chocolates. He had taken them to a business where he had worked previously and learned that they could not accept candy that was not individually wrapped. So, he thought of my little postal worker and asked me if the USPS could accept unwrapped chocolate. I said, "Sure." Wasn't that nice of him to think of the USPS. I am sure that they will be well received.

No rant today. The entire post is almost realtime. I could complain that it is -9° at the moment, but the forecast is for 19-below on Tuesday. The coldest it has ever been in Des Moines was 26° on Feb 2, 1996. I do not recall that weather event - even though I would have have been living here at 420 and was only in my mid-40s. 

Just for fun, I checked what the coldest recorded temp in Los Angeles is: -28° in Jan of 1949. 
Coldest recorded temp in the US: -70° in Montana
Coldest in Iowa: -47°

Fun fact: if you need the symbol for degrees - on a Mac - hold down the shift+option and then hit the 8 key.



2 comments:

  1. hahaha! Love that card! Did you make it or store-bought? I'm always looking for fun, unique (and easy!) ideas for cards, so please keep sharing! (Gonna dupe this one for my hubs, as we don't really celebrate V-day.) As a family, we watch "Bedazzled" with our sons (remake -- have never seen original), but I'm more focused on my youngest's b-day on the 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the card. I've done a ton of egg cards and invitation. I'll look for a sample of one and post it.

    My younger son's birthday is the 17th - 33. I'm going to surprise him on the day that he is 33 1/3 - (like the LP records that are from way before his time) Now I just have to figure out what day that is. BigHelpfulBrother needs a project. His area of expertise is math.

    ReplyDelete