Sunday, February 21, 2021

Morphing Xmas into spring (phrases whilst enduring)



The springiness of this green -from Leslie- might inspire some springy ideas for March envelopes. Of course, dots do not fall into any particular season. Maybe the word ubiquitous applies here. That green shape does not have to be a tree. There are several ways to adapt this idea to something springy. It does look like it took a fair amount of time and as is true with so many envelopes, it's even prettier in person.
 
******

The Gray Panthers/unions/gangs topic is still swirling in my head. We have a few more weeks of winter to endure and I can't remember the other name for cabin fever that I heard. We need a new name for the combination of cabin fever and pandemic syndrome. 

Dang. I lost my train of thoughts. I might have mentioned The Daily Stoic. It is an email that will pop up daily with a suggestion for how to be more stoic (if you sign up). Most of the suggestions are pretty good. Today they had 3 paragraphs that could be summed up as "one day at a time." Maybe I can distill each daily post into a single phrase and end up with super easy reminders to pull out as needed. 

One of my favorite parts of teaching was when a student would toss out a phrase that put whatever I was saying into a tidy little nutshell.
I will always remember what's-er-name who said:
All things in moderation.

One day at a time.
This too shall pass.

Does that cover everything?
I bet all y'all have some good ones.
I can picture printing them on the front of my shirt - upsidedown
so that I can refer to them as needed.

I think we need to mention yin-yang.
Not sure it fits into a phrase.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen some minor variation on 'All things in moderation' attributed to one of the Ancient Greeks. He probably saw it on a wall somewhere.

    ReplyDelete