Friday, January 19, 2018

Gold Experiment to Lynne (and a rant)

Nothing says holidays like a couple dinosaurs. This was a Dec exchange envelope. The gold doesn't look all that gold on the kraft paper.

Previously, we have seen how I did just a bit of colored pencil - and figured that would be enough.

As I started with outlining, I worked on about three of them at the same time - but didn't have stamps in mind.

*Warning - there is an off topic rant coming up. Skip it unless you have time to waste.

This one seems a little unfinished or random - but that's how I feel about all that stuff that we dig up about the past. I get so frustrated with how scientists dig up a few clues and then extrapolate a whole story and then (here's where it gets personal) they put it in books and make us learn it and make us take tests. That's just wrong. They tried to tell me that our particular branch of humanity never intermingled with Neanderthals.  Excuse me? Have you ever looked at people out in public. There are a ton of *missing links* walking around. I can even see a couple of them in photos of my relatives. I knew the science textbooks were wrong. Recently, the scientists corrected themselves. I am still waiting for an apology. It's funny. I can remember my  high school chemistry and physics teachers - but not biology. Wonder who is was. Maybe the BigHelpfulBrother remembers. Can't you just see me storming some nursing home demanding an apology from some elderly, retired teacher?

Thank you for putting up with my morning rant. I drink cold brew coffee and I'm beginning to think it's a little more potent when the batch of extract is fresh.

Public service announcement.
You can buy shots of coffee and have them with you at all times.
https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/stok-coffee-shots




4 comments:

  1. I seem to recall it was something like Rainey -- Mr. Rainey.
    I do know that I was on my way from lunch to his class when I heard in the stairwell that Kennedy had been shot and that he confirmed it first thing in class.
    I think if you want to rant at him, you'd likely have to rant at a tombstone -- I suspect if alive he'd be around 100+/-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you big helpful brother. Rainey does not ring a bell with me. I hope I can resist the urge to do some sleuthing. Interesting how we all know who confirmed the assassination news. Mrs. Byher.

      Delete
    2. WOW - I love Google. Mr. Pitzen.

      Delete
    3. He is 86 and still alive.
      Road trip.
      John N Pitzen. Age 86; Lives in Saint Paul, MN; Used to live in Grasston, MN;

      Delete