Friday, January 26, 2018

Gold Experiment to Kathy

This is one of my favorites from this series. After I did the random outlining, I paused to look for stamps. These were so perfect. My ability to add has been fading, so I was thinking those 3 stamps were enough. Uh. No.

I am not happy with the placement of the little round coin stamp. It is so perfect in color and subject matter. But I just couldn't find a good place to put it. I enclosed a note asking her to steam it off after it arrived.

That made me want to do a series where I add instructions and the recipient is obligated to follow the instructions. Something tells me that the people who are drawn to my blog are just as ornery as I am and would not follow instructions. I'll label this FOLLOW-UP and maybe run a few tests down the road.

4 comments:

  1. Love this envelope. You're right, the stamps are a great match. The whole thing reminds me of a Klimt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That's a great idea - to create a design that is inspired by an artist - without being too literal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I agree--very Klimt! I love this. I don't even mind the round coin stamp, though I can see your frustration in placing it. I'd have probably placed it just to the left of the stamp column, offset between the first and second stamps (slightly high).

    I have some of these stamps (the pueblo pottery)--they are so beautiful. I usually start with the stamps when I design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had time - I would go back and see how many times in the past 8 years I have recommended starting with the stamps.... somehow, I manage to forget my own perpetual advice.... it might be from teaching - where i am needing samples to illustrate certain styles or examples of certain tools.... i certainly end up with large stacks of envelopes that are never going anywhere -

      Delete