Wednesday, May 3, 2017

To Eric from the Other Phillip


I post a lot of envelopes from and to Eric and Phillip Lerche. There is another mail artist, Phillippe Charron who sent this to Eric. It was on Eric's blog. I have no idea how he made the original schmears of paint. The white outlines and lettering could be any kind of white ink or gel pen. 

I plan to steal this idea next time I am painting with my granddaughter. When she was visiting for Thanksgiving, I had her do a bunch of watercolor paintings on cards and then I dressed them up with some stars and tiny greetings. I do not recall if I posted any of them or not. I was very happy with how they turned out. It was really hard to part with them and I did not take very good pictures of them. She is only 3 so I hope we have one more year of nice abstract art from her. I guess kid art is pretty nice until about 7 or 8. It probably depends on the kid.  My own kids were not that interested in art projects so if the grand kids like art projects, Nanna will be over the moon.




6 comments:

  1. I've received one or two of these and it looks like thick oil paint. The envelopes have a ton of texture to them.

    I enjoyed seeing Alex's abstracts. I like the bottom two the best. You should hand her a bunch of envelopes, then when she has finished adding art to them, you get to figure out the stamps and how to address them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the greeting cards! I like the envelope too, definitely steal worthy! Btw, do you know where I could pick up one of those adorable little grandkids for such a project? My children don't seem to be interested in giving me one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandkids are a mixed bag - you can find the fun - but they are still small, soggy, sometimes in bad moods.... I would recommend finding some to practice on. I suspect there are tons of exhausted mommies who would love to loan their kids out.

      Delete
    2. Haha, I've asked for one for mothers day, but I suspect you are correct. I think I'll just borrow one around the holidays...really loved how those cards turned out!

      Delete
  3. you should have mailed on to yourself

    ReplyDelete