Wednesday, May 3, 2017

To Eric from the Other Phillip


I post a lot of envelopes from and to Eric and Phillip Lerche. There is another mail artist, Phillippe Charron who sent this to Eric. It was on Eric's blog. I have no idea how he made the original schmears of paint. The white outlines and lettering could be any kind of white ink or gel pen. 

I plan to steal this idea next time I am painting with my granddaughter. When she was visiting for Thanksgiving, I had her do a bunch of watercolor paintings on cards and then I dressed them up with some stars and tiny greetings. I do not recall if I posted any of them or not. I was very happy with how they turned out. It was really hard to part with them and I did not take very good pictures of them. She is only 3 so I hope we have one more year of nice abstract art from her. I guess kid art is pretty nice until about 7 or 8. It probably depends on the kid.  My own kids were not that interested in art projects so if the grand kids like art projects, Nanna will be over the moon.




6 comments:

  1. I've received one or two of these and it looks like thick oil paint. The envelopes have a ton of texture to them.

    I enjoyed seeing Alex's abstracts. I like the bottom two the best. You should hand her a bunch of envelopes, then when she has finished adding art to them, you get to figure out the stamps and how to address them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like the idea - and might give it a try.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love the greeting cards! I like the envelope too, definitely steal worthy! Btw, do you know where I could pick up one of those adorable little grandkids for such a project? My children don't seem to be interested in giving me one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandkids are a mixed bag - you can find the fun - but they are still small, soggy, sometimes in bad moods.... I would recommend finding some to practice on. I suspect there are tons of exhausted mommies who would love to loan their kids out.

      Delete
    2. Haha, I've asked for one for mothers day, but I suspect you are correct. I think I'll just borrow one around the holidays...really loved how those cards turned out!

      Delete
  3. you should have mailed on to yourself

    ReplyDelete