Saturday, May 20, 2017

Love Contrail Stamp

The Limner sent me a very cool piece of mail and I needed to dash off a quick thank you. The expression to *wing it* seemed to go along with this stamp. Sooooo....with no planning, I did everything except the word lovely. There was an odd space left over and any number of words would have fit. I wish I had gone with a word that had only short letters at the beginning. The l in lovely really bothers me. Yes, if I did this one a second time, there would be a ton of improvements - but - for a *wing-it* - it's fine.

Would I have been happier with a perfect match on the blue? Yes. Am I going to let it bother me? No. How often do I have these conversations with myself? Perpetually. Is that the *inner-critic* that you are talking to? I don't know. I'd like to think it is the inner evaluator. There is nothing wrong with pondering how you would do things differently in the future. I don't think there is a danger in pondering and commenting. At the end of the day (or in this case - at the end of 2 minutes) I drop the items in the mail. The higher purpose is to send mail. Holy post office. She sounds like she is going all preachy on us. Don't worry - it's the coffee talking.

Onward.


2 comments:

  1. Jean, you are the best. I'm smiling like I always am after I check your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - but I think the only thing I am *best* at is figuring out ways to avoid doing all the stuff I *should* be doing....and envelopes are pretty perfect for work-avoidance. Then, when I have readers who enjoy the blog, it just bolsters (enables) my waywardness.

    ReplyDelete