Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Sept to JeanR - Principles in action


This one was tricky. The colors needed to be as close as possible. I thought colored pencils were going to be the best option for mixing colors to get what I wanted. It might have been better if I had more experience with colored pencils. I'm sure there are techniques that I don't know. It's a little bit staid. But, I think I achieved balance and harmony. The A and N should not be touching. That was a mistake, but it probably didn't jump out and I probably didn't need to mention it and now that I have pointed it out - I can see that it would have been better to make all the letters touching. 

When I did the two little olive branches on the right - I remember thinking - dang - I should have made the one inside the A really large - and behind the EAN - that would have been so much better. Or a curved branch behind the AN that filled up the circle on the right and then a smaller one that went behind the opening in the A and curved over to the E.  This was a scale and proportion issue. 

I should do my corrections on paper and insert them in the envelopes. Or do better layouts and work out the bugs before I do the envelopes. But sometimes - after doing a nice layout - I overwork the envelopes. Quite often, when the layout is fresh and spontaneous - and then the envelope isn't as good as the layout - I end up putting the layout inside the envelope to show that I had a good idea - but executed it poorly.

Which reminds me we have a different topic to return to.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment