I did this one for Nicky in August but she did not sign up for the exchange so it was sent in September. I could easily spend more time with this style by Rolly Crump. There has been a lapse in adding my design tips to the posts. This one is a good example of fitting the name and address into a chunk that it mostly square-ish. The amount of white space is about right. I only had to balance two items. All the copy is in the square and then there is the stamp which is slightly vertical. To me, the plain black lettering with just a smidge of red is a nice balance with the stamp. The triangles on the lettering is a nice repeat of the geometric shapes on the stamp.
Repetition is something that will come up again and again. It is a design principle. I think we've talked about the design principles previously, but in Jeanland, nobody ever gets tired of looking at and pondering the options provided by The Principles. They are the guiding lights of our entire life.
Hmmmm. Was that an overstatement? I think not. I found a new manifesto. Is manifesto a controversial word? It seems like crackpots write manifestos. Is there a good kind of manifesto. Dang. I'm going to have to digress.
Don't worry - I only have 6 posts to fill up and then we can take a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment