Juliana's got lots of add ons. This envelope is not in the top five this month. It's just OK. I'd like to do something else with that stamp. I might even buy some more of them because they are loaded with cute details. I'm not happy with the three cattails. It's not a good use of our time to keep nit picking at all the details. It was done after I had warmed up and produced some good ones and then was on the inevitable decline.
I've lost my train of thought on the manifesto but it might pop up again. It's probably time to list the Principles of Design. A principle is a thing. Let's have Wiki help us.
Did Wiki help us? I dunno. It seems like the umbrella of art principles is that nobody wants to agree on anything like a system or a chain of reasoning or a guide or evaluation or values or rules or standards. Art seems to be the flip side of everything that is orderly and principled. Entropy.
So I think my definition is the best. A principle is a thing. If you want a fancier word you can call it a concept.
We'll post one of the lists tomorrow. There are lots of lists - it won't matter which list we use. Feel free to add or subtract and make your own list.
No comments:
Post a Comment