This is lovely and Mia was so nice to send proper flowers after I gave her a hard time for sending me dandelions. These look like heather and I've been reading up on heather. It would probably do well in my yard and pollinators love it - but it is not native to Iowa. It's from Europe. So, I have to decide if I'm going. to restrict myself to 100% native. We'll put a pin in this discussion because we have something fun to talk about from Mia's neighborhood.
Libby, the app where I get my audio books from the library popped up with a new one that I could have for two weeks without being on a waiting list. Trash: a garbageman's story by Simon Paré-Poupart
Here is an excerpt from the review.
A Montreal garbageman's sharp and funny memoir/exposé, in which he attempts to convince people to "stop imagining that your garbage magically disappears" . . .
Paré-Poupart’s story is atypical: he started working as a garbageman to pay for school, and after earning graduate degrees and working in more “respectable” fields, he is still on a truck — out of love for the physical rush, for his rough-and-tumble colleagues, and for an honesty and freedom that no other job has yet given him.
***
I enjoy books about various careers, so I enjoyed this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment