This blurb is being written while I am out of town (a week ago) so I do not have the stack of mail to look at. I don't think there is any additional information about what the words on this envelope from Jeannette refer to. I Googled *Letter never sent - Wasn't even close* and Oh.My.Gosh - there are so many references to unsent letters. Websites, books, articles. It reminded me of how many unsent letters I currently have. If you need to surf today - try that search.
Computers are slippery slopes because they make writing letters so easy. For me, the most slippery of all the parts is the storage of the letters. They are parked here and there with random names. I've written a couple blog posts about the kids in the book/movie Bridges of Madison County who found either letters or a diary after their mother died. Since the book came out in 1992 (when my kids were 12, 7.5 and 5) I have wanted to be sure I have something fun for them to discover and read after I'm gone. Once again, I will mention how I did not like the book at all and really disliked the movie - even though I had enjoyed columns the author had written in our local newspaper. I feel sorry for him that the book destroyed his reputation.
No comments:
Post a Comment